The full specifications for the Canon Rebel T4i appear to have leaked out to Canon Rumors ahead of tonight's official unveiling. As the Rebel T3i successor, the new T4i is shaping up to be closer to the level of a 60D clone with a touchscreen, and shaking off a couple of the entry-level features that have been tied to the Rebel series for a few generations.
Canon Rebel T4i Key Specifications
- 18 MP APS-C
- SDHC slot, USH-1 complaint
- Current xxD’s AF system (9 cross-type points, found in 40D, 50D, 60D)
- T3i metering system (63 zones like 7D and 5DIII)
- ~5 fps
- Standard Rebel viewfinder
- ISO 100-12,800 expandable to 25,600
- Articulated touchscreen LCD
- Hybrid AF during video shooting
Additional feature screenshots reveal some of what we'll be able to do with the new Rebel T4i's LCD screen.
These screenshots appear to demonstrate menu selection via touch controls, as well as pinch to zoom. The AF point selection shows 31 AF points even though the specs say 9 cross-type AF points. Of course, this could simply be explained by selection of contrast-detect AF points; however, that would limit the contrast AF to less than the full frame area. I wonder if these are the hybrid full time video AF points?
Canon Rumors also picked up additional info on the new 40mm f/2.8 pancake lens, which is looking to be ultra-compact.
Compared to the already small 50mm f/1.8, this new 40mm lens is just ridiculous.
Below is a list of the complete leaked spec list, which appears to have some machine translation within.
Canon Rebel T4i Full Spec List
- The form of digital single-lens reflex, AF / AE camera (flash included)
- Recording media SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC memory card
- * UHS-I compliant
- Image sensor size 22.3 x 14.9 mm approx.
- Canon EF lenses, the lens (EF-S Lens)
Most Users Ever Online: 464
Currently Browsing this Page:
Kortney Jarman: 2
Guest Posters: 1151
Newest Members: ujinwang3, ckinfiniti, vinnyvetere, hogwaler, monk2go, Erik Hawkinson, DiverBW, chipscarpenter, Randy Ilowite, Jerry
Administrators: Eric Reagan: 2602