Alien Skin Exposure 4 is a Photoshop and Lightroom plugin designed to give you the creative tools of film. The goal of the software is to give your photographs a more human feel with the ease of choosing a preset. [click to continue…]
If you are a Mac user, then you probably are well aware that Apple released OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion this week. By all accounts, it’s an improvement over 10.7 Lion.
If you are a holdout (like I was), then you may still be using OS X 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I was concerned about losing 32-bit app compatibility, quirks in other 64-bit apps and the death of Spaces (something I use all day, everyday).
Having mulled Mountain Lion over for several weeks, I bit the bullet this week and upgraded from Snow Leopard. Based on most of what I had read, CS6 app stability and speed improves with Mountain Lion. Since that’s the software suite I use more than anything else, I went for it. [click to continue…]
Imagenomic just announced Noiseware 5, an update to the Noiseware Pro noise reduction plugin for Photoshop.
Noiseware 5 features several new and improved enhancements, including a faster core algorithm that retains more image detail, a newly-designed user interface and controls, the ability to create an unlimited number of presets, and a new history control for an unlimited number of history steps. In addition, Noiseware 5 plugin provides 64-bit native support for Mac OS X to complement the existing compatibility for Windows systems, as well as full compatibility with Adobe Photoshop CS6.
Noiseware 5 retails for $79.95 and is free upgrade for existing Noiseware Pro users. Noiseware 5 is available for purchase or a free 15-day trial on Imagenomic’s website.
The above video comes from a recent webinar that Tiffen put on with Richard Harrington to show off Tiffen Dfx 3. In the video, Harrington covers some color grading techniques in several different editors that use the Dfx 3 plugin and really shows off the capabilities of this solid plugin.
The more I use this plugin, the more I like it. It’s so very comprehensive and powerful for video, and quick for getting stylized looks from Lightroom on the photo side as well.
Nik Software has launched HDR Efex Pro 2 with several updates to the HDR processing program. Nik says that it has improved HDR Efex Pro 2 to be faster, more powerful, deliver more realistic results, and easier to use than ever.
Key new features are listed below. [click to continue…]
Red Giant has take wraps off of Magic Bullet Photo Looks 2. The feature set matches up with that of Looks 2 (the video app), which means you can now share presets between photo and video host apps.
Additional new features include:
- Reorganized interface. Your workspace is cleaner and more intuitive, keeping the heart of PhotoLooks 1 while making it easier to create new looks.
- Advanced color correction. Get incredible professional post-processing power (say that 3x’s fast) with Magic Bullet tools like 3-Way Wheels, Pop and Ranged HSL.
- Reveal your true colors. Analyze the precision of important colors with four new scopes for Memory Colors, Skin Overlay, Hue/Saturation and Hue/Lightness.
- Make your talent glow. Cosmetic cleanup is now easy with the Cosmo tool for adjusting skin tones and blemishes.
- Sweet upgrade price. Pay only $49 if you already own PhotoLooks 1.5.
- Free for Suite owners. Get a free upgrade if you already own Magic Bullet Suite.
Full retail is $199. More details on Red Giant’s website.