Earlier today Apple announced the release of Aperture 2, which is the follow-up to Apples original streamlined RAW image editor. At $100, Aperture 2 is a force to be reckoned with and could attract a few photographers that are in a coin-tossing mode between Aperture and Adobe Lightroom. The new, improved Aperture 2 has over 100 new features. Update: Also available for $189 from Amazon. Some of the highlighted features are as follows:
- Image adjustment controls such as Highlight Recovery, Definition, Vibrancy, and Vignette
- Retouch tool with soft-edged brush to remove unwanted elements from photos.
- Next-generation RAW image processing for highest-quality images
- Quick Preview mode for rapid-fire photo browsing
- Simplified user interface that maximizes screen space and provides direct access to your iPhoto library from within Aperture
- Integration with .Mac Web Gallery to instantly publish your photos, allowing visitors to view and download images [Read more…]