Adobe should be releasing Lightroom 5 as a free beta any day now based on the early release of an article on TechCrunch (which was quickly taken down).
I expect to see the announcement later this week at the Photoshop World opening keynote, which takes place on Wednesday, April 17, at 9AM ET. Adobe is well-known for dropping big news at Photoshop World openers, and it looks like this one got a bit ahead of them. [click to continue…]
Topaz Labs has updated B&W Effects 2 to version 2.1. New features in version 2.1 include the following:
- A Zone System: Allows users to identify various zones in their images as well as observe the changes in zones as exposure and other adjustments are made.This is not an adjustment tool, but a visual aid.
- Borders: Prior versions of B&W Effects only had a choice of 2 borders: Solid Black or Solid White. This version adds many more options!
- Tone Quicktools: Similar to the Color Filter buttons, quicktools have been added for Silver and Paper toning for: Selenium, Cyanotype (Gold/Blue), Copper (Red), Sepia and Antique Dye
- Apply Button: This feature allows a user to apply changes without having to exit the program. Multiple presets can be applied one on top of another and so forth.
- Language Support: B&W v2.1 supports Spanish, French, German, (Brazilian) Portugese, Japanese and Chinese (Simplified and Taiwanese). If your machine has one of these languages set in the region/language settings, the UI will be rendered in that language.
The upgrade is free for existing users and is available at a discount through April 21, 2013. Use the coupon code bw21 to get 30% off Topaz B&W Effects 2 or the complete bundle on Topaz Labs’ website.
Adobe has released final versions of Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4, which are now available on Adobe.com.
Part of the update includes improved demosaic algorithm for better raw file support on cameras with X-Trans sensors – the X-Pro1, X100S, X-E1 and X20.
Additionally, Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 offer RAW support for the following cameras: [click to continue…]
The latest bid in Dove’s ‘Real Beauty’ marketing campaign is a Photoshop action that is a Trojan horse disguised as various “enhancing” and “retouching” actions across websites that share free Photoshop actions. [click to continue…]
Photoshop Touch is now available for the iPhone, as well as Android phones. Previously, Photoshop Touch was only available on tablet devices. [click to continue…]
Adobe just announced release candidates for Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4, which are now available in Adobe Labs. Lightroom 4.4 and Camera Raw 7.4 offer support for the following cameras:
Additionally, the updates including corrections to the demosaic algorithms for Fujifilm cameras with the X-Trans sensor (e.g., the Fujifilm X-Pro1 and X-E1).
Remember, these are release candidates, which means they’ve been pretty well tested and Adobe thinks they are ready for full release; however, it’s recommended that you keep production work to prior versions until the official releases drop. Expect those to come soon though. Release candidates mean that the final versions are just around the corner.