B&H has deals on Photoshop and Premiere Elements 11 through July 13, 2013. Check them out below.
Photoshop Elements 11 for Mac & Windows for $66.99 (reg. $88.99)
Photoshop and Premiere Elements 11 Bundle for Mac & Windows for $99.99 (reg. $122.99)
Premiere Elements 11 for Mac & Windows for $60.99 (reg. $82.99)
Watch this short, 60-second video to learn how to use a simple blend mode edit in Photoshop Elements to make colors pop on a washed out photo.
For a sub-$100 program, Photoshop Elements 11 has more editing power than many amateurs will ever use. If you are put off by the thought of “renting” the full version of Photoshop through Adobe’s recent Creative Cloud move, consider if Elements is enough for you at this minimal expense for a perpetual license.
Topaz Labs is running a deal on its complete bundle of software plug-ins for Lightroom, Aperture and Photoshop (they also work as standalone programs). The full bundle usually runs $299; however, it is on sale for $199 now through July 7 when you use the coupon code: july4
Check it out here on Topaz Labs’ website.
Topaz Labs’ product lineup includes the following plugins: Adjust, DeNoise, ReMask, B&W Effects, Clarity, Simplify, Detail, Lens Effects, Clean, InFocus and DeJPEG. All are available here on Topaz Labs’ website.
Julieanne Kost has posted a handy list of shortcut keys for the updated Spot Removal Tool inside Camera Raw 8, which is part of Photoshop CC.*
- Tap the “V” key to toggle the visibility of the spot overlays.
- Shift -drag constrains the brush spot to a horizontal or vertical stroke.
- Shift -click connects the selected spot with the new spot via a straight brush stroke.
- Command -drag (Mac) | Control -drag (Win) will create a circle spot and allow you to drag to define the source.
- Tap the Forward Slash key (/) to select new source for existing circle or brush spot.
- Press Delete to delete a selected spot.
- Option -click (Mac) | Alt -click (Win) on a spot to delete it (the cursor will change to a pair of scissors).
- Option -drag (Mac) | Alt -drag (Win) in the image area over multiple spots to batch-delete (the icon changes to a marquee while dragging.
- Tap the “Y” key to toggle on/off Visualize spots. Note – this is also available as a checkbox and slider in Toolbar.
She walks through the Spot Removal Tool, as well as several other new features in Photoshop CC, in the video below. [click to continue…]
Adobe Photoshop CC is now available on Creative Cloud, along with all the other updated Creative Cloud applications.
Photoshop CC updates include the following new features: [click to continue…]
Adobe has clearly been reconsidering its marketing to photographers since the major pushback from Photoshop users after revealed that it would no longer offer perpetual licenses of new Creative Suite products. The latest word in the form of surveys to some Photoshop users that probed feelings on Creative Cloud pricing.
The interesting thing is that the two key concerns are some that have been raised here before. [click to continue…]