Alongside new iPads today, Apple announced an impressive new iMac with a 27″ 5K resolution display for a base price of $2499.
The new Retina display iMac has been rumored for quite some time now. It offers the 4x the resolution of the previous 2560 x 1440 resolution panels on the 27″ iMac models. The new display weighs in with an incredible 5120 x 2880 resolution – that’s 14.7 million pixels! [Read more…]
I had an aging MacBook Pro. It’s a 2011 model, which I believe is the first model with Thunderbolt. And while the Thunderbolt connectivity has been great, the internal 5400RPM hard drive has gotten slower and slower over the years.
After hearing plenty of reports on the benefits of upgrading to an internal SSD drive in these MacBook models, I finally bit the (surprising affordable) bullet and picked up a Crucial 512GB SSD for a little over $200. [Read more…]
Adobe has released a new update for Photoshop Mix, which is a free app for the iPad. New features in version 1.1 include the following:
- Image Swap, enabling users to change the order of layers in a Mix project by dragging and dropping thumbnails
- Redesigned undo and redo experience enabling for more creative freedom
- Full round-trip editing capabilities between Photoshop Express and Photoshop Mix
- Ability to save full resolution files to the user’s local camera roll
- Support for large panoramic files, as well as PNG file formats
Photoshop Mix is available here on the iTunes App Store.
Apple has issued an update to Digital Camera RAW to version 5.06, which adds RAW image compatibility for the following cameras to Aperture 3 and iPhoto ’11.
- Nikon COOLPIX P340
- Nikon 1 V3
- Olympus OM-D E-M10
- Olympus STYLUS 1
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4
- Sony Alpha A7S
- Sony Alpha A5000
- Sony Alpha A6000
- Sony Alpha SLT-A77 II
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 III
You can download the update from Apple’s website.