On January 24, 2014, the Apple Mac turned 30.
To celebrate its birthday, Apple sent 15 camera crews, armed with the iPhone 5s, across the world on January 24 to capture “people doing amazing things with Apple products.” [click to continue…]
Zoom has released a new Thunderbolt interface for audio I/O geared toward Macs – more specifically, the new Mac Pro. The Zoom TAC-2 features a single, large knob that is used to control all parameters of audio connections. [click to continue…]
Last May, Adobe showed off an early build of Lightroom for the iPad. This, Lightroom for the iPad showed up on Adobe’s website briefly as 9 To 5 Mac discovered. The price was $99 for a 1-year subscription. [click to continue…]
Apple has released Final Cut Pro X version 10.1.1, which provides the following bug fixes.
- Preserves media files if an external drive or network is disconnected while consolidating a library
- Resolves an issue with loading audio content in the Music and Sound Browser
- Fixes a stability issue when applying a Motion effect with Scroll Text behavior
- Faster switching between proxy media and original or optimized media
- Improves Timeline responsiveness with very large projects
The update is available through the Mac App Store.
Apple has issued an update to Digital Camera RAW to version 5.03, which adds RAW image support for the Canon EOS M2 in Aperture 3 and iPhoto ’11. The update also resolves an issue that prevented lens correction from working properly with Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100 images and address a color cast issue on some Olympus OM-D E-M1 images.
The update is available through the Mac App Store’s “Updates” tab.
One of the grand new features in OS X Mavericks is App Nap, which saves on power to extend battery life on MacBooks. One of the unfortunate side effects is that is kills background rendering in Final Cut Pro X and other apps that take advantage of background rendering.
To make background rendering work again, simply turn off App Nap. The process is simple.
- Right-click on the application.
- Choose Get Info.
- Check the box “Prevent App Nap.”
- Enjoy background rendering again.