Check out this video that shows how to use Camera Raw as a Smart Filter in Photoshop CC.
In this video, Julieanne Kost demonstrates how to take multiple exposures and combine them into a single 32-bit HDR file that can then be edited nondestructively using Adobe Camera Raw as a Smart Filter in Photoshop. In addition, you’ll discover how powerful using Camera Raw as a Smart Filter can be when working with layered files.
Adobe has released another update to Premiere Pro CC. This update, version 7.2.1, is primarily a bug fix update for the big December 2013 update.
Issues fixed in this update include:
- Intermittent Buzzing could occur on audio playback where audio transitions were present
- Reveal in project sometimes did not work in imported sequence when clips were present in the project
- Premiere Pro could occasionally crash on playback of certain multi cam assets
- Using matte cleanup tools in Ultra keyer could sometimes cause the top half of the image to disappear when paused in Open CL mode
- Autosave could sometimes interrupt playback.
- The AMD Radeon R9 290 Series has been added to the OpenCL supported card list
- Inserting a merged clip with in/out points via menu or command would insert the entire merged clip, not the in/out range
- Playing with preroll could sometime crash Premiere Pro
- When editing in Anywhere mode, adding synthetics would sometimes show a 10 digit number under the progress panel’s Name column
I also confirmed with Adobe that these fixes include a fix for the warning we previously received about an issue with XML imports. The warning never clearly stated the issue; however, I am assuming it is the “reveal in project” bug fix mentioned on the second point. Regardless, if you import from other projects or XMLs, it should be safe to update now.
You can download the update through the Creative Cloud app.
Adobe has updated Premiere Pro CC, After Effects CC, SpeedGrade CC, Prelude CC and Media Encoder CC. Notably, this is the fourth update to Premiere Pro CC since the application made its debut earlier this year. The new updates add several new features and bug fixes. [click to continue…]
Along with Lightroom 5.3, Adobe has released Camera Raw 8.3 for Photoshop CC and Photoshop CS6 users.
Camera Raw 8.3 includes several new features for Photoshop CC users: [click to continue…]
Adobe has released a version 5.3 update for Lightroom 5, which adds tethered capture support for the Rebel T4i and adds RAW file support for the following cameras: [click to continue…]
NewBlueFX is yet another company to update its transitions to work natively in Premiere Pro CC since Adobe issued its recent update that allows third-party transitions work in Premiere Pro’s video transitions panel. [click to continue…]