The Leica CL is a new, compact mirrorless camera featuring the 24.2MP APS-C format sensor found in the Leica TL2. The CL is more of a classic Leica camera in terms of appearance but still has the same performance as the TL2.
- 24.2MP APS-C CMOS Sensor
- Maestro II Image Processor
- 2.36m-Dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 1.04m-Dot Touchscreen LCD & Top LCD
- UHD 4K30 and Full HD 1080p60 Video
- Up to 10 fps Shooting and ISO 50000
- 49-Point Contrast-Detect AF System
- Electronic Shutter Up to 1/25000 Sec
- Integrated Wi-Fi and USB 3.0 Type-C Port
The Leica CL’s built-in EVF is another key distinguishing point from the TL2. As a compact mirrorless camera, it seems to stack up nicely against the competition in all areas but the price. At $2795 for the body alone, you are still paying the Leica premium to carry one in your kit.
The Leica CL should be available this month, starting at $2795. Check it out here at B&H Photo.