The Pentax KP is a new 24MP APS-C format DSLR that appears to be slightly upgraded over the K-3 II. It features the new 5-axis Shake Reduction II system, as found in the flagship Pentax K-1, along with several other upgrades.
Pentax KP Key Features
- 24.3MP APS-C AA-Filterless CMOS Sensor
- PRIME IV Engine with Accelerator Unit
- Smart Function Exchangeable Grip
- 1080/30p Video; 4K Interval Movie
- SAFOX 11 27-Point AF Sensor
- ISO 819200; 7 fps Continuous Shooting
- 5-Axis In-Body Shake Reduction II
- 3.0″ 921k-Dot Tilting LCD Monitor
- Pixel Shift Resolution; Built-In Wi-Fi
- Weather-Sealed Magnesium Alloy Body
Additionally, live view provides the KP with electronic shutter speeds up to 1/24,000s, while the mechanical shutter will get you to 1/6000s.
Along with the standard body grip, replacement grips can be purchased for the KP in different sizes to fit different hand sizes. A battery grip is also available to provide more power and vertical shooting control.