Olympus has officially taken the wraps off of its new PEN E-PL7. The new mirrorless camera features a 16.05MP Live MOS sensor and sensor-based image stabilization derived from the E-M10.
The E-PL7 features Olympus’s fastest-ever AF system with 81 AF points that cover the entire frame. It also features a Small AF Target and Super Spot AF modes that allows the users to zoom in and focus on small sections of the frame.
The camera captures 8fps for up to 20 RAW frames or an unlimited number of JPEG frames. AF tracking allows the E-PL7 to track and capture subjects at up to 3.5fps.
The E-PL7 also features a 3-inch LCD that can activate a “Selfie Mode” as it tilts downward at 180-degrees. It features built-in WiFi, which works in conjunction with the Olympus Image Share app.
Olympus PEN E-PL7 Key Specs
- 16MP Live MOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- 3-Axis In-Body VCM Image Stabilization
- 3″ 1.04M-dot 180° Flip Touchscreen
- 81-Point FAST AF with Small Target AF
- Full HD Video Recording
- Continuous Shooting at 8 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi Connectivity
- Art Filters, Photo Story & Panning Modes
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
The Olympus PEN E-PL7 should be available in September for $699.99 with the 14-42mm kit lens or $599.99 for the body only. Check it out here at B&H Photo.