The Sony A5100 is expected to be announced soon as a direct replacement to the Sony A5000. New photos of the camera, along with a spec list have leaked out just days ahead of its launch.
On the photo side, the A5100 upgrades to a 24.3MP APS-C sensor from the 20.1MP sensor found in the A5000. On the video side, the A5100 remains a 1080p-capable camera but adds Sony’s newer XAVC-S codec (in addition to the older and lighter weight AVCHD) with a max 50Mbps bit rate.
Sony A5100 Leaked Spec List
- 24.3MP APS-C sensor
- Full HD videos: XAVC S, AVCHD, MP4
- Maximum bit rate of 50 Mbps in XAVC S
- Phase difference AF and contrast AF hybrid
- 179-point phase difference AF
- 25-point contrast AF
- 3″ touchscreen LCD monitor w/ 920k-dot res / 180-deg tiltable
- 30 to 1/4000s shutter speeds
- 1/160 sec. sync speed w/ electronic front curtain shutter
- ISO 100-25600
- Built-in flash (guide number 4)
- Wi-Fi, NFC
- 6 fps continuous shooting mode
- Memory Stick & SD
- Battery: NP-FW50 (400 shots battery live per CIPA standars)
- Size: 109.6mm x 62.8mm x35.7mm
- Weight: 224 g (body only)
We expect an official announcement this week on August 19. Stay tuned.