The rumor mill is in full swing now that Photokina 2014 is about a month away. New rumors suggest that Nikon will launch a new full frame DSLR at Photokina, which starts on September 16.
Nikon Full Frame Camera Rumored Specs
- 24MP full frame sensor
- Tilting LCD screen
- Wi-Fi support
- Expeed 4 imaging processor
- Very light body (probably similar to the D610 and Df, maybe even lighter)
- Priced around $2,500 (the current Nikon FX camera price points are – D610: $1,896.95, Df: $2,746.95, D810: $3,296.95, D4s: $6,496.95)
- Potential announcement at the end of August or early September
- No idea on the model name – it could be D620, D750 or something completely different
The new full frame Nikon DSLR is rumored to be situated between the D610 and D810 models, which makes it a mid-level full frame camera. Will Nikon revive the D700 series?
We thought the D800 was a direct successor to the D700; however, there has always been a clamoring for a lower resolution successor to the D700. Although 24MP isn’t exactly what we would think as “low” resolution.
[via Nikon Rumors]