Amazon has listed the Canon 7D as “discontinued” on its product page. However, the camera is still available via third party sellers on Amazon.com. We have been expecting to hear more on a replacement for the camera, possibly called a 7D Mark II, and we continue to see steep discounts on the Canon 7D.
The new camera is rumored to appear just prior to Photokina in September.
See the below lists of previously rumored specs.
Canon 7D Mark II Rumored Spec Set #1
- 24.1mp APS-C Sensor
- Dual DIGIC V
- Dual Memory Card Slots (Unknown configuration)
- 61 AF Points
- 3.2″ LCD
- Build quality like 5D3
- GPS & Wifi
- $2199 ($500 more than the 7D at launch)
- ISO Performance to get close to the 5D3
- “Lots of video features”
More recent specs suggest the following as more accurate.
Canon 7D Mark II Rumored Spec Set #2
- 20MP sensor
- ISO 100-12,800 (25600 extended)
- 1/8000 shutter
- Quiet shutter mode
- Phase detect AF, 19 area
- 8fps continuous shooting
- Buffer size – 15 raw, 126 JPEG
- 3.0″ 1040k dot LCD (touch screen) – not articulated
- Weather sealed (as original 7D)
- 910g weight
If you have any details about the upcoming camera, let us know.
[via Photo Rumors]