The Pentax XG-1 is a new superzoom camera with a 52x optical zoom lens (24-1248mm equivalent) and a 16MP sensor. It has built-in Sensor Shake Reduction in order to handle the telephoto reach of the lens.
The XG-1 captures 1080/30p video and will capture up to 10fps in continuous still image shooting mode. A high speed shooting mode allows the capture to capture an impressive 60fps.
Pentax XG-1 Key Features
- 16MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Sensor
- 52x Optical Zoom f/2.8-5.6 Lens
- 24-1,248mm (35mm Equivalent)
- 200k-dot Electronic Viewfinder
- 3.0″ 460k-dot LCD Screen
- Sensor-Shift Shake Reduction
- Full HD 1920 x 1080 Video at 30 fps
- 60 & 30 fps High Speed Shooting Modes
- ISO 3200 & 10 fps Continuous Shooting
- High Dynamic Range Mode
The Pentax XG-1 retails for $399.95 and should begin shipping in August 2014. Check it out here at B&H Photo.