According to Nikon Rumors, Nikon has sent out several press invites for an event next week. The event is believed to feature a pro or prosumer level camera and not the consumer-centric Nikon Coolpix models. The leading speculation is that a full frame D800 replacement is on deck.
The interesting tidbit, however, is that both the D800 and D800E models are rumored to be replaced by a single camera. And that camera is further rumored to be without a low pass filter (like the D800E).
The previously-rumored spec list for the camera is below.
Nikon D800s Rumored Specs
- No low pass (AA) filter (just like the D800E)
- Improved software to suppress moiré
- Expeed 4 imaging processor
- Same AF improvements like in the D4s
- Improved low light capabilities
- 5 fps (6fps with the MB-D12)
- Price between D800 and D800E – probably around $3000