Adobe has announced a release candidate for Camera Raw 8.5, which adds RAW file support to several new cameras listed below.
- Canon PowerShot G1 X Mark II
- Fuji FinePix S1
- Nikon 1 J4
- Nikon 1 V3
- Olympus OM-D E-M10
- Panasonic LUMIX DMC-GH4 (*)
(*) Denotes preliminary support.
Additionally, there are several new lens profiles now supported. New features in Camera Raw 8.5 for Photoshop CC include the following:
- The ability to modify Graduated and Radial Filter masks with a brush
- Mask visualization is now available for Graduated and Radial Filters
- A new Per-Panel Preview default toggle
Note that Camera Raw 8.5 for CS6 only includes updated camera and lens profile support as part of the recent Camera Raw policy change.
You can download the release candidates at the following links from Adobe Labs:
Remember, these are release candidates, which means they’ve been pretty well tested and Adobe thinks they are ready for full release; however, it’s recommended that you keep production work to prior versions until the official releases drop. Expect those to come soon though. Release candidates mean that the final versions are just around the corner.