Adobe Wordwide Design Evangelist, Terry White, put together this brief video about 5 things you need to know about your Lightroom 5 catalog.
These are helpful tips that advanced Lightroom users probably already know about; however, if you don’t know about them, they could potentially improve your workflow. Here’s a list of the highlights of the tips.
- Your Lightroom catalog can be stored anywhere on a local drive. Including Dropbox and Creative Cloud folders, which allows you to sync across multiple computers.
- “Automatically write changes to XMP” preference allows you to carry image edits over to other programs, such as Bridge.
- “Optimize Catalog” command deletes unused data for improved performance.
- More tips on building Smart Previews, which allow you to edit files that aren’t on your local drive.
- Move photos to different drives using Lightroom’s folder structure, not outside of Lightroom (like using Finder or Explorer).
Do you use any of these? Are there new tips you have heard of before and will be helpful to you?
[via Terry White]