onOne Software has released Perfect Photo Suite 8.5, which includes speed and productivity enhancements to the Perfect Photo Suite’s Browse module, improved performance with the Perfect Eraser tool, and enhanced masking support in Perfect Effects and Perfect Layers. RAW file support is also included with the Standard Edition in version 8.5.
Perfect Photo Suite 8.5 has grown into a full-featured photo editor, which works as a plug-in with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Photoshop Lightroom, and Apple Aperture, as well as a standalone app.
Perfect Photo Suite 8.5 includes 8 integrated photo processing applications, described by onOne below.
- Perfect Effects – The richest and most versatile photo-stylization tool available on the market today. It includes an extensive library of one-click presets, fully customizable and adjustable effects and powerful masking tools, all of which help make your photos pop.
- Perfect Enhance – Offers essential tools for basic enhancements, including brightness, contrast, sharpening and color cast removal. Enhance also has retouching features like the Perfect Eraser and a Clone tool, which makes it easy to remove objects, fix dust spots and repair flaws in a photo.
- Perfect B&W – Create stunning photos that recreate the timeless look created by the masters of black and white photography. Perfect B&W adds dramatic and elegant looks to photos, letting you easily create the many moods black and white photography can evoke, resulting in beautiful, one-of-a-kind photos.
- Perfect Portrait – Offers simple, yet powerful, portrait retouching, with automated feature detection and enhancement tools to smooth skin, remove blemishes, brighten eyes and teeth, and correct skin color. Fast processing speeds also allow photographers to retouch images quickly for simply stunning portraits.
- Perfect Mask – Creates high-quality masks quickly and easily with automated functionality and powerful tools that make selecting subjects and isolating backgrounds for removal extraordinarily accurate.
- Perfect Layers – Gives photographers the ability to combine images and extend their photo-editing options in a layered file workflow without Photoshop. Photographers can create and edit multi-layered files with Perfect Layers directly from Lightroom, Aperture or when using the Perfect Photo Suite as a standalone application. Also included are blending modes, textures, borders, PNG file support, and the powerful edge-detecting Perfect Brush.
- Perfect Resize – Still the industry standard for photo enlargement. It is renowned across the photographic and printing industries for its ability to increase image size well over 1000% without the loss of sharpness or detail that is normally expected. Proven Genuine Fractals technology has been applied to algorithms that optimize the clarity and detail of different photo types, including mobile snapshots.
- Perfect Browse – Quickly get to the photos you want to edit wherever they’re stored—whether they’re on your computer, network, or on a cloud-based storage service. Now includes one of the fastest previews available for browsing photos. Also great for viewing photos side-by-side in a thumbnail grid or in a larger, more detailed view along with important metadata and navigate through them with intuitive keyboard shortcuts.
Existing owners of Perfect Photo Suite 8 are eligible for a free update. New users can purchase the Premium Edition for $179.95 or the Lightroom & Aperture Edition for only $99.95. The Standard Edition, a standalone application, is available for $79.95. Owners of earlier versions of the Perfect Photo Suite can upgrade to the Premium Edition for $99.95 or the Lightroom & Aperture Edition for $79.95. Check it out here at onOne’s website.
Through May 22, Perfect Photo Suite 8.5 is on sale for up to $30 off. See the screen shot below for available discounts.