The AJA CION features a 4K APS-C CMOS sensor with a global shutter. It wil record directly to Apple ProRes 422 and 444 at up to 4K 60fps or output AJA Raw at up to 4K 120fps.
AJA Cion Key Features
- 4K APS-C CMOS Image Sensor
- Internal 4K/UHD & 2K/HD Recording
- ProRes 444 & 422 to AJA Pak Media Cards
- AJA Raw via 3G-SDI Output up to 4K 60p
- AJA Raw via Thunderbolt Out up to 4K 30p
- Electronic Global Shutter
- PL Lens Mount with Back Focus Adjustment
- 12 Stops of Dynamic Range
- Remote Operation Over Ethernet
- Contoured Shoulder Pad & Top Handle
The CION records on-board to AJA’s SSD-based Pak storage, which mount directly in-camera and allows recording of 4K/UHD and 2K/HD as ProRes 4444, ProRes 422 (HQ), ProRes 422, ProRes 422 (LT) and ProRes (Proxy). Pak storage units are available in 256GB and 512GB capacities.
The CION is also capable of outputting frame rates up to 120 fps as either 4K or UHD from its 4 x 3G-SDI outputs as AJA Raw.
The CION is also capable of delivering 4K Aja Raw at 30fps from its Thunderbolt port.
[vimeo http://vimeo.com/90658762 w=640&h=360]
The body is constructed of gravity molded magnesium, which makes for a strong but lightweight chassis.
The CION has an integrated shoulder pad with natural contours.