The Olympus Stylus Tough TG-3 is a new rugged compact camera with the ability to withstand extreme conditions and is freezeproof down to 14°F, waterproof down to 50 feet, shockproof from 7 feet, crushproof to 220 pounds and dustproof.
The TG-3 features a 16MP backlit CMOS sensor, 24-100mm equivalent zoom lens at f/2-4.9 and a powerful macro system. The Variable Macro System includes a Microscope mode that allows users to capture photos up to 10mm away from subjects, and at a focal length of 100mm, which results in up to a 13.8x maginifcation when using Super Resolution Zoom.
Additionally, a new Focus Stacking function captures eight different shots continuously, while shifting the focus from the foreground to the background. It extracts and merges only those areas of each image that are in focus and produces a single photo with a focus that spans several centimeters.
Olympus TG-3 Key Features
- 16MP 1/2.3″ BSI CMOS Sensor
- TruePic VII Image Processor
- Olympus 4x Optical Zoom Lens
- 25-100mm f/2.0-4.9 (35mm Equivalent)
- Water, Crush, Shock, Freeze & Dustproof
- 3.0″ 460k-Dot LCD Monitor
- Full HD 1080p Video Recording at 60 fps
- Built-In Wi-Fi, GPS, and e.Compass
- ISO 6400 and 5 fps Continuous Shooting
- Interval Shooting and Microscope Mode
The built-in WiFi sets up by scanning a QR code on the camera’s LCD and then syncs your smartphone to the camera. Using the free Olympus Image Share app for iOS or Android, you can then control the camera from your device and select images to upload of your network to social media sites.
The Olympus Stylus Tough TG-3 retails for $349.99 and should be available black and red colors starting June 2014. Check it out here at B&H Photo.