Nikon has released a new firmware update for the D4. Firmware version A:1.10 / B:1.10 includes the following updates and modifications.
- Custom Setting f17: Assign Remote Fn Button has been added * .
- Support for CompactFlash memory cards with capacities greater than 128 GB has been added.
- When an XQD memory card and one of certain CompactFlash memory cards were inserted in the camera at the same time, “Err” was displayed in the top control panel. This issue has been resolved.
- When AF-ON only was selected for Custom Setting a4 (AF activation) and the AF-ON button was pressed to initiate autofocus during viewfinder photography,focus remained locked even after the user took their finger off the button, and the shutter could be released at any time. However, specifications have been modified so that the shutter cannot be released under the following conditions if the camera fails to focus.
- Autofocus mode is set to AF-S (single-servo AF)
- AF-area mode is set to Single-point AF
- Custom Setting a2 (AF-S priority selection) is set to Focus
You can download the firmware update here on Nikon’s website.