Zoom has released a new Thunderbolt interface for audio I/O geared toward Macs – more specifically, the new Mac Pro. The Zoom TAC-2 features a single, large knob that is used to control all parameters of audio connections.
The unit has two XLR/TRS inputs for mic and line connections, along with a 1/4″ direct connection for instruments. Two TRS outputs offer balanced audio out for external monitors.[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=649zljSmGLI&w=640&h=360]
Zoom TAC-2 Key Features
- Simple user interface with a single large rotary knob controlling all parameters
- Compatible with all Thunderbolt-equipped Macintosh computers running OS X 10.6.8 or later
- Supports up to 24-bit/192kHz audio and permits vocal/instrumental recording into DAWs
- Two combo XLR/TRS input jacks allowing mic- and line-level signal connections with front panel 1/4″ high impedance input for direct connection of instruments
- 7-position LED metering for input, output and headphone volume with +48V phantom power can for each input
- Three auto gain presets, built-in limiting, automatic recording and dedicated headphone jack
The Zoom TAC-2 retails for $399.99 and should be available March 20. Check it out here at B&H Photo.