Amazon let the cat out of the bag a little early after it showed up on a product listing earlier today. The price for the body only is $2750, while the Nikon Df with the new 50mm f/1.8G lens is $3000. Additionally, the main features of the camera were confirmed.
Nikon Df Key Features
- 16.2MP FX-format sensor
- EXPEED 3 Processor
- ISO 100-12,800 (expandable to ISO 50-204,800)
- Dedicated mechanical dials for shutter speed, ISO, exposure compensation, exposure mode and release mode
- 39-point AF system w/ 9 cross-type sensors
- AF down to f/8
- 3″ 921k-dot res LCD
- 5.5fps frame rate
- Compatible with all AF-S, AF-D and AF NIKKOR lenses
- WU-1a Wi-Fi compatbility
- EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
Expect the full unveil later tonight – although the mystery is pretty much gone at this point. To me, it seems a little on the high side for the specs and I think the D800 is probably the better value. What do you guys think of the price point?