Sony shook things up last week when it announced the its A7 and A7R full frame cameras. However, new rumors point to what could be a massive response from Nikon – a full frame digital camera with a design similar to the FM2.
Nikon Hybrid Full Frame Camera Specs
- Nikon FM2 like design
- Nikon F-mount
- 16.2MP 36×23,9 full frame sensor (same as Nikon D4)
- Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Expeed 3 processor
- SD card slot
- 2016-pixel RGB image sensor
- 9-cell framing grid display
- 3D color matrix metering II
- Native ISO range: 100-12800 (incl. ISO 50 and ISO 108,200)
- 5.5 fps for up to 100 shots
- 3.2″ LCD screen
- Dimensions: 143,5 x 110 x 66,5mm
- Weight: 765g
- Includes special edition AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G lens that matches design of new camera
- Meters with non-AI lenses down to full aperture
- Physical controls and excellent build quality
Holy cow if this is true.
If Nikon keeps the price reasonable, I think it will have a major hit on its hands. Other than the D4 sensor and the retro design, these specs seem pretty mellow in that they don’t scream high-end pricing.
Nikon Rumors says that it will be announced in the next 1-3 weeks; however, with PhotoPlus being next week, I would be surprised if Nikon doesn’t announce it next Tuesday night. If so, we’ll have some hands-on time with the new camera next week.
[via Nikon Rumors]