SLR Magic has announced a new HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 lens for Micro Four Thirds cameras. It is a mechanical upgrade over the original 12mm T1.6 CINE lens redesigned to better suit cinema needs with gearing on the aperture and focus rings; however, the optical design remains the same.
The SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 should be available in November 2013. No word on pricing yet; however, the previous 12mm CINE lens sold for $549, so that should be a good jumping off point to guesstimate the new lens price.
SLR Magic HyperPrime CINE 12mm T1.6 Lens Technical Data
- Lens Type – Ultra Fast wide-angle lens with three Tantalum glass elements to ensure superior cinematic performance.
- Mount – Micro Four Thirds (MFT)
- Lens Construction – 12 elements in 10 groups
- Minimum Focus Distance – 0.15M
- No. of Diaphragm Blades – 12 aperture blades (circular)
- Filter Thread – Internal thread for SLR Magic 58/77 RING (optional) lens hood for 77mm filter; filter mount does not rotate.
- Lens Hood – SLR Magic 58/77 RING (optional)
- Finish – Black anodised
- Dimensions (L x D) – 73/81mm (without/with lens hood) x 60/79mm (without/with lens hood)
- Weight (g) – 370