The Pentax K-3 is expected to be officially unveiled this week, so it makes perfect sense that we start seeing product images leak out in full force.
The K-3 is rumored to be priced at $1300 for the body only and $1650 for a kit with the DA 18-135mm lens. A premium silver edition will be offered as well.
Pentax K-3 Rumored Specs
- 24MP APS-C Sensor
- Hardware AA Filter-less
- Software AA Filter
- PRIME III Image Processor
- 86k RGB Segmented Light Metering with -3EV Sensitivity
- 27-Point AF with -3EV Sensitivity
- 8.3 Maximum FPS
- 4 Stop SR
- 100% 0.95X Optical Viewfinder
- Fixed Air-gapless LCD
- Built-in Interval Shooting up to 2000 Frames and Internal Video Composite
- MPEG4 AVC/H.264 Full HD 30p/60i Video
- New Stereo Phone-out Monitor Jack
- 3 User Modes
- Dual SDXC Card Slot (UHS-I compatible)
- USB 3.0
- Magnesium Alloy body with Weatherproofing
- Smartphone Connectivity
- Optional D-BG5 Battery Grip
- Weight: 800g
Lots of good inputs and outputs on the side of the camera include USB 3.0, an audio mic input, a PC output for wired flash triggering and HDMI output. The headphone jack explains the extra bump on the front of the camera – a nice touch for those looking to use the K-3 as a HDSLR.
In addition to the K-3, Pentax is rumored to be launching the new 55-300mm F4-5.8 ED WR HD PENTAX-DA lens, which is shown below.