Along with the release of Lightroom 5.2, Adobe also released Adobe Camera Raw 8.2 and DNG Converter 8.2.
While Camera Raw 8.2 provides several new features, they are only available to Photoshop CC users. Those using Photoshop CS6, however, do get the new camera support provided in Camera Raw 8.2.
New Features in Camera Raw 8.2:
- The Histogram is now interactive. This enables the ability to click and drag on the Histogram to adjust the Blacks, Shadows, Exposure, Highlights, and Whites sliders.
- A Color Smoothness adjustment slider has been added to the Detail Panel. This helps to reduce low-frequency color mottling artifacts.
- Added new “rectangle mode” to white balance eyedropper tool. Click-and-drag with the eyedropper tool to define a rectangular pixel area. Upon releasing mouse, Camera Raw will use all the pixels within the marked rectangle to set the global White Balance.
- Workflow presets are now available and can be selected by context-clicking the workflow link.
- Presets have been added to the Save dialog box.
- Auto Exposure has been improved to be more consistent across images and across different image sizes.
- Refinements to the Spot Healing Tool:
- New Feather control
- Auto find source method now works better for images with textured areas like rocks, bark, and foliage
- Auto find source method now prefers source areas within the crop rectangle
- Refinements to the Local Adjustment Brush:
- Move brush adjustments by clicking and dragging on brush adjustment pins
- Right Click (PC) / Control-click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to bring up a context menu to duplicate or delete
- Control+Alt+Drag (PC) / Command+Option+Drag (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to clone (duplicate) that adjustment o Alt+Click (PC) / Option+Click (Mac) on a brush adjustment pin to delete the adjustment
New Camera Support in Camera Raw 8.2
- Canon EOS 70D
- Canon PowerShot G16
- Canon PowerShot S120*
- Casio Exilim EX-ZR800
- Fujifilm FinePix HS22EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix HS35EXR
- Fujifilm FinePix S205EXR
- Fujifilm X-M1
- Leica C (Typ 112)
- Olympus E-M1*
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ70
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72
- Pentax Q7
- Pentax K-50
- Pentax K-500
- Sony DSC-RX100 II
- Sony A3000 (ILCE-3000)
- Sony NEX-5T
* denotes preliminary support
Additionally, several new lens profiles were added and bugs corrected in Camera Raw 8.2.