Olympus has launched a teaser campaign for the upcoming E-M1 Micro Four Thirds camera that has been rumored for some time now.
The new teaser is viewable on Olympus’ website with the subtitle: Coming soon. A camera as revolutionary as you are.
An additional teaser:
Of course, full images of the camera have already made their way online that show off what the camera hidden under Olympus’ teaser look like.
Based on prior leaks, the Olympus E-M1 is expected to be announced in early September and contain the following features:
- New DSLR type grip
- 16MP sensor
- 81 AF target points
- 10 fps
- Built-in Wi-Fi
- Flash sync speed: 1/320s
- ISO range: 200-25600
- Shutter speed: 1/8000s-60s
- 3″ tiltable TFT LCD touch screen
- EVF with 2,360,000 pixels
- Micro Four Thirds mount only (not a hybrid mount)
- Weight: 430g | 0.9Ib
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 122mm × 68mm × 37mm | 4.8″ × 2.7″ × 1.5″
While the Olympus E-M5 body is priced at $1000, the rumored price of the E-M1 body is $1500.