Nikon has released a firmware update for the Nikon Coolpix P7100 advanced compact camera. Firmware version 1.1 provides the following modifications:
- When NRW (RAW) images recorded in vertical (portrait) orientation at a Record orientation setting of Auto were played back, images did not rotate as the camera was rotated, even when Rotate tall was set to On. This issue has been resolved.
- When images captured in vertical (portrait) orientation at a Record orientation setting of Auto were played back, and playback zoom was applied with the camera rotated for vertical display with Rotate tall set to On, certain operations caused images to display irregularly or in the incorrect orientation. This issue has been resolved.
- When using the rotary multi selector to display the next image from the camera’s memory, or a memory card, containing both photos and movies, operation sometimes seemed to stick and continuously advanced through images. This issue has been resolved.
- After shooting using the self-timer with Auto bracketing set to Tv or Sv with Self-timer: after release set to Stay in self-timer mode, autofocus stopped functioning. This issue has been resolved.
- When Image quality was set to NRW (RAW), NRW (RAW) + Fine, NRW (RAW) + Normal, or NRW (RAW) + Basic, andContinuous was set to Continuous, noise occurred in photos taken using the self-timer at a shutter speed of 1/4 s or slower with Long exposure NR set to On. Similarly, noise also occurred in photos taken using the self-timer at a shutter speed slow enough to activate long exposure NR with Long exposure NR set to Auto. This issue has been resolved.
You can download the update from Nikon’s website.