A German magazine has leaked out the new Panasonic Lumix GX7 mirrorless camera. The Micro Four Thirds shooter should feature sensor-based image stabilization (a first for Panasonic) and ship in September 2013.
The leaked specs note a 16MP sensor; however, conflicting reports point to an 18MP sensor. Other comments in the specs suggest it features the same video quality as the Panasonic GH3, which happens to sport a 16MP sensor. Accordingly, I would lean toward the notion that Panasonic will reuse the solid 16.05MP sensor from the GH3 in the upcoming GX7.
Panasonic GX7 Rumored Specs
- 18 Megapixel sensor (although the leaked document says it’s 16Megapixel)
- Magnesium body and comes in full black or black-silver.
- On sensor stabilization (first ever for Panasonic)
- Same video quality as the GH3
- Shutter speed up to 1/8000
- 5fps (4fps with continuous A)
- Tiltable 2,76 Million Dot EVF
- Tiltable 3 inch LCD (1,04 Million dots)
- Integrated Wi-Fi and NFC
- Focus peaking
- Stereo Mic
- Shipment in September
- Body only price: 1.000 Euro
- There will be two kit version: one with 14-42 and one with 20mm lens