Canon EOS 3D Spotted in the Wild?

by on June 17, 2013

in Canon

Canon-EOS-3D-camera

The above image has surfaced of a man carrying a full-size Canon EOS camera with that appears to be an EOS 3D strap attached to the camera. Could the fabled Canon EOS 3D be just around the corner?

Canon-EOS-3D-camera-2

Looking closer at the strap, it appears that it could only read EOS 3D.

Canon-EOS-3D-camera-3

Of course, this could be a hoax as we’ve seen before; however, that strap appears to be legit. Could it be a Canon 1D X or other 1-series body with a faked 3D strap? Maybe.

Last August, the Canon EOS 3D was rumored to be coming in the the form of a 46MP+ full frame shooter. And, then in October, we saw what appeared to be a B&H listing for an EOS 3D camera at 46.1MP.

Previously rumored specs are below.

Canon EOS 3D Spec Rumors

• 46 MP
  • 3.7 frame per second
  • Dual DIGIC 5+
  • ISO: (25) 50-6400 (12800)
  • AF: Same as 1DX
  • USB 3
  • CF+SD

What do you think of this image and the “EOS 3D” strap?

[via Photo Rumors]

1 Jared June 17, 2013 at 9:17 pm

That would be cool! I’ve been putting off upgrading my 5D MkII, and this would push me over the edge (depending on price)

2 The Beauty Queen 2013 June 18, 2013 at 1:01 am

SD? Why??? I thought Canon just got it right to use the two CFs instead.

3 Simon Ross June 18, 2013 at 1:49 am

I reckon that the strap is fake. If it was real surely Canon would have said something about it.
It seems a little odd that only a tiny part of it is showing yet on the other side of the strap it is backwards.

4 Anthony June 18, 2013 at 2:01 am

It’s a lot easier to fake a strap than it is to Photoshop an EOS 3D.

5 Steve H. June 18, 2013 at 11:00 am

Watch how excited I can get the internet with a 6D strap and a black Sharpie!

6 Radek June 21, 2013 at 1:43 am

Why camera is blurred? Did you blurred it Photographybay? Seems like a hoax to me.

7 PHOTO_CURMUDGEON June 22, 2013 at 9:52 am

I’m MORE interested in the “white” lens that’s attached to the blurred dSLR…. Is that the long-awaited EF 10-1000/0.95 L IS lens that I’ve heard so much about, with the rumored $99.95 list price?????

8 Anthony June 22, 2013 at 12:09 pm

Yes, it’s the 10-1000 mm f/0.95 with L glass, IS, diffractive optics/high resolution.

As in Canon EF 10-1000mm f/0.95L IS D’Oh!

The price is $199.90 but it’s available on a Buy One, Get One Free (BOGOF) offer at Walmart.