It appears that the cat is fully out of the bag with the upcoming Leica Mini M, the proper model name of which will be the Leica X Vario Type 107.
Additionally, the initial specs that we hoped were wrong have been all-but-confirmed, which means the new camera will sport an APS-C sensor and a fixed 18-46mm f/3.5-6.4 zoom lens. As such, it seems that the X Vario Type 107 will be paired as a sibling to the 24mm f/2.8 fixed lens Leica X2. However, if the price turns out to be what’s rumored below, then it may cost substantially more in the US than the $2000 X2.
Additional leaked specs for the X Vario Type 107 are below.
Leica X Vario Type 107 Specifications
- 16.5MP APS-C sensor
- Leica Vario Elmar 1:3.5-6.4/18-46mm ASPH lens (28-70mm equivalent): 9 elements in 8 groups, 2 ASPH elements
- Minimal focusing distance: 30cm
- ISO range: 100-12,500
- Max shutter speed: 1/2000s
- 3″ TFT LCD with 921k dots
- Full HD video
- Built-in flash
- Additional accessories will include grip, lens hood, external EVF, several different cases
- Adobe Lightroom will be included
- Battery capacity: 360 exposures
- Dimensions: 133 x 73 x 95mm
- Weight: 679g – around 24oz (with batteries)
- Price: around 2,500 EUR
- Made in Germany
[via Leica Rumors]