The Canon 1D C is getting a firmware update to add 25p 4K video capture in firmware version 1.2.
The new EOS-1D C feature upgrade makes a number of new features available in the camera:
- Provides support for 25.00p (fps) video recording frame rate (PAL settings) at the camera’s maximum 4K resolution.
- A function to disable the image size selection button has been added.
- Fixes a phenomenon in which a difference in exposure appears on every other shot when shooting continuously and the auto-lighting optimizer is turned on (on weak, standard or strong).
Furthermore, this upgrade provides a number of additional fixes for existing features:
- Fixes a phenomenon in which video recorded onto an external recorder sometimes becomes two-layered if it has been recorded through HDMI output.
- The video frame rate now displays two additional decimal places, e.g. 24p -> 23.98p (fps).
- Fixes a phenomenon in which the on-screen guidance cannot be fully displayed when setting the maximum limit value for the “Auto ISO Range” option.
- Corrects errors in the Portuguese language menu.
The upgrade is available through authorized Canon service facilities. More info at Canon Europe.