The Panasonic Lumix G6 follows the G5 as an entry-level Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera less than a year after the G5 was announced. The G6 features a 16.05MP sensor, 3-inch touch screen display and an EVF. It will capture up to 1080/60p HD video in either MP4 or AVCHD.
The G6 also features WiFi and NFC connectivity for connecting to mobile devices using Panasonic’s “Image App”.
Panasonic Lumix G6 Key Features
- 16.05MP Live MOS sensor
- ISO 160-25,600
- 7fps continuous shooting (up to 40fps at reduced resolution)
- 1080/60p video (max data rate at 28Mbps)
- 3″ touch screen display at 1,036K-dot resolution
- 1,440K-dot OLED EVF (w/ 100% field of view)
- WiFi & NFC connectivity
- 3.5mm mic output
- Focus peaking in MF and AF+MF modes
Alongside the G6, Panasonic also announced the new Lumix G Vario 14-140mm f/3.5-5.6 ASPH Power OIS lens. The new lens takes advantage of the speedier AF system in the G6 and GH3 to optimize focus speed.
No word yet on pricing or availability for either piece of gear.
[Update: The Panasonic G6 with a 14-42mm lens will retail for $749.99 and should ship in June. Check availability here at Adorama.]