Holy cow! What a lens for APS-C shooters if this is for real.
The Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 DC HSM lens appears to have leaked out ahead of an official announcement. The lens would be a boon to Nikon D7100 and Canon 7D shooters if this turns out to be real. With the crop factor taken into account, we would be looking at a field of view equivalent of a 27-52.5mm lens on a full frame camera.
And that’s at a constant f/1.8 aperture throughout the range!
Key specs that appeared with the above images include the following:
- Designed for APS-C based DSLR cameras
- Ultrasonic autofocus (HSM)
- 9 aperture blades
- Type A (Art), which guarantees quality materials, metal bayonet
- Filter size: 72mm
- Minimum aperture: f/16
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups
- The maximum magnification ratio: 0.23x
- Weight: 810 grams, length: 121mm
- Angle of view: 76.5 – 44.2°
- Internal zoom and focusing
- Minimal focusing distance: 28cm