Adorama has been a roll lately with new products in its Flashpoint line. The latest announcement is the new Flashpoint DG600 300 w/s monolight that uses LEDs for its built-in modeling light. The LED modeling light ensures cool operation, as opposed to the toasty tungsten modeling lamps that most of us are accustomed to.
Flash durations range from 1/1500s to 1/800s, which I assume is the t.5 time since there’s no other indication and it’s a $200 light. You get stepless control from full down to 1/32 power and a digital readout in 1/10 stop increments.
The Flashpoint DG600 comes with a 8″ reflector and is compatible with the full Flashpoint line of speed ring adapters and softboxes. Optionally, the DG600 is available with a DC power pack for portable use, which provides up to 180 pops at full power. The DG600 w/ DC power pack kit sells for $300 and is available here at Adorama.
Flashpoint DG600 Key Features and Specs
- 1/1500 – 1/800 flash duration
- Stepless control from full power to 1/32 power
- 8” reflector
- Digital readout in 1/10 of a stop
- 5600K color temperature
- Numerous other light control accessories for any shooting situation
- User replaceable flash tube and modeling lamp
- Low sync voltage – 6 volts – is safe for all cameras, both film and digital
- Full line of beauty dishes 16-21, 27 inch and grids available