Instagram just launched version 3.2 of its iOS camera app. The update changes the camera interface and adds easier access to recent camera roll images, as well as a new filter.
Key additions to the interface include the following:
- Instagram-themed shutter & shutter release button.
- A preview of the most recent photo on your camera roll.
- Improved Camera Roll image selector (iPhone 5 only) for quick access to your last photograph.
- Optional grid guide for live photos and a permanent grid guide for the scale & crop screen.
- Speed and reliability improvements.
The new filter in the Instagram 3.2 update is Willow, which is “a monochrome filter with subtle purple undertons and a translucent glowing white border.”
Additional improvements include a revamped tilt-shift blur effect that matches the preview blur with the final output. Other improvements are listed below from Instagram:
- News Feed redesign that’s easier to digest, in addition to larger images.
- Beautiful new welcome screen design.
- Infinite scroll on user profiles and other grid views.
- Filtered photos are now saved to a separate album called “Instagram” in the iOS camera roll.
- Foursquare button on location pages that opens the Foursquare application, or mobile website, with details about the venue.
You can find Instagram here on the iTunes App Store.