Canon has issued a product advisory for the Canon 6D relating to the inability for movies shot on the 6D to playback on YouTube. This appears to be aimed at users who pull a card out of their camera and upload directly to YouTube.
The fix (for now) is to save the file via ImageBrowser EX and then upload to YouTube. If you already go through an editing and exporting process for your HDSLR videos, then you don’t need to worry about this problem.
More details in the full product advisory below.
We have identified a phenomenon which prevents movie files shot using Canon EOS 6D Digital SLR cameras from being played back on YouTube.
EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera
While we continue to investigate this phenomenon, please follow the instructions outlined below to upload Canon EOS 6D movie files to YouTube. After our investigation is complete, we will make an update to this announcement.
1. Download the movie file(s) from the EOS 6D camera to your computer.
2. Start ImageBrowser EX, an application bundled with the EOS 6D.
3. After selecting the movie file(s) to be uploaded, select [Edit Movies] in the [Edit] tab from the menu bar of ImageBrowser EX.
4. “MovieEdit Task” will start. Save the movie using the [Save] menu on the screen.
5. Upload the saved movie to YouTube.
This information is for residents of the United States and Puerto Rico only. If you do not reside in the USA or Puerto Rico, please contact the Canon Customer Support Center in your region.
Please register the EOS 6D. By registering, we will be able to notify you via email when service updates are available.
Customer Support Operations
Canon U.S.A., Inc
|Contact Information for Inquiries|
|Canon Customer Support Center|
|For additional support options: www.usa.canon.com/support|