Triggertrap Mobile for iOS and Android devices will now allow wireless triggering functionality via WiFi network.
Connected to a camera via the Triggertrap Dongle, it offers multiple time lapse modes and long exposure HDR modes. Additionally, the iOS version takes advantage of the unique sensor configuration in the those smart devices to automatically trigger the shutter based on sound, motion, facial recognition, electromagnetic pulse and more.
Available trigger modes in the Triggertrap app include:
- Multiple Timelapse functions: Use Triggertrap as a basic intervalometer for timelapse capture, or get extra creative: Bulb Ramping Timelapse enables seamless sunrise/sunset timelapses, HDR timelapse lets you combine the power of HDR and timelapses, and finally, TimeWarp, a feature unique to Triggertrap, uses algorithms developed for animation to create more dynamic and natural-looking timelapses.
- Sensor Controls: Leverages the smart device’s on-board sensors to release the shutter; Sound Sensor Mode uses the microphone to trigger at a set audio level, Seismic Mode fires based on vibrations, bumps or knocks, and Metal & Magnetism Sensor Mode can be used to fire the shutter in their presence
- Facial recognition: Takes a photo once Triggertrap detects the programmed number of faces in the frame
- Multiple HDR Capture Modes: Provides expanded control over bracketed exposures for Long Exposure HDR, or automates Long Exposure HDR Timelapse capture
- DistanceLapse: Unique to Triggertrap, this mode relies on the smart device’s on-board GPS chip to fire the shutter over pre-determined distances
- Motion detection mode: Triggers camera whenever motion is detected in the frame
- Star trail mode: Allows external cameras to automatically take a series of long exposures in sequence to reduce noise
[vimeo https://vimeo.com/40453214 w=640&h=360]
The Premium Triggertrap Mobile App can be purchased on both iOS and Android devices for $4.99 (via the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store, respectively), while the Triggertrap Mobile Dongle can be purchased for $24.99 and is compatible with over 300 cameras.