ioSafe has launched an indiegogo campaign to help build its next disaster proof storage device – the N2.
The N2 will provide up to 8TB of storage along with a 2GHz Marvel CPU and 512MB memory. The N2 will be able to withstand fire damage up to 1550° F and submersion in fresh or salt water up to 10′ for 3 days. (Read my ioSafe Extreme Rugged Hard Drive Review.)
Aside from the robust build, the N2 will be able to serve as a personal cloud drive that allows you to access content from anywhere you’ve got an Internet connection, including the ability to operate as an iTunes server.
The N2 should begin shipping in January 2013, starting at $600 for a diskless version. For more details, check out the indiegogo intro video below.
ioSafe N2 Key Features
- Local and Remote File Sharing: Between virtually any device from any location online
- Cloud Station: File syncing between multiple computers and N2 (like Dropbox)
- iTunes Server
- Surveillance Station: Video surveillance application
- Media Server: Stream videos and music
- Photo Sharing: Photo sharing with friends and family
- Mail Server: Email server
- VPN Server: Manage Virtual Private Network
- Download Station: Post files for others to download
- Audio Station: Stream audio to smartphone (iOS/Android)
- FTP Server: Remote file transfers
- Multi-platform compatibility with Mac/PC/MS Server/Linux