The Phottix Odin TTL Flash Trigger for Sony will start to ship this week. Here are the key features:
- Wireless 2.4GHz. TTL and Manual Flash Triggering
- Remote power control of groups in TTL with +/- EV adjustments (3 stops in 1/3 stop increments – 18 different levels.)
- Remote manual mode flash power control with 1/3 stop adjustments
- Remote flash head zoom adjustments – auto or manual
- Mix TTL and Manual flash – fire some groups in TTL, others as manual
- Remote power control in A:B ratio modes with +/- EV adjustments
- High speed sync – shutter speeds up to 1/8000 sec.
- Second curtain sync functions
- Compatible with Phottix Strato 4-in-1, Phottix Strato II Multi 5-in-1 Wireless Triggers and Phottix Atlas II Triggers
- Upgradeable firmware via built-in USB port.
Now that they’ve made a TTL trigger with that ridiculous, backwards mount, Sony unloads the A99 and RX1 with a standard ISO hot shoe. I talked to Phottix about this and was told that they are actively evaluating Sony’s new move and when update us once their R&D team has had time to assess the new Sony system. In the mean, their are a whole lot of Sony Alpha shooters out their with the old Minolta mount that can make immediate use of these new triggers.