Hasselblad’s next-gen medium format H series will be the H5D series. Full details will be unveiled at Photokina 2012, but here is what we know now.
- New H System lens: HCD 4.8/24 mm, equivalent to 17 mm on 35 mm DSLR format
- New Macro Converter, for superb close-up performance with wide angle lenses
- RAW + JPEG mode for quick preview and print
- New True Focus II provides unique, accurate focus and Immediate Focus Confirm
- Full access to camera information and image preview on rear in tethered mode
- The largest, brightest viewfinder image on the market
- New larger, more ergonomic buttons and an easier to read display style
- New sealing for improved weather proofing plus new sensor unit safety lock
- Optional battery adapter for standalone operation of digital capture unit
- Ultimate image quality with Hasselblad Natural Color Solution
- A choice of software: Hasselblad Phocus 2.7 and Adobe Lightroom 4 both included
The H5D Series will be available as models with 40, 50 and 60 megapixels as well as 50 and 200 megapixel Multi-Shot versions and will start shipping in December 2012. More details will be available next week.