Canon Rumors has more word an upcoming full frame, “entry-level” Canon DSLR priced at $1999. With the Canon 5D Mark III priced at $3500 for the body only, it is out of reach of a lot of enthusiast photographers.
Check out the rumored specs of the upcoming full frame shooter:
- 22mp (Same sensor as 5D3)
- 19 AF Points
- ISO 100-51200
- 3″ LCD
- Smaller than the 5D Mark II
- More Plastic than metal in the construction
- Pop-Up Flash (On at least one prototype)
- $1999 USD at launch
- Launched with a new non-L full frame kit lens (Undisclosed what the lens is)
- Compatible with full frame STM lenses
Would you choose a camera with these specs and price point over the 5D Mark III? Would this camera be enough to make 5D Mark II shooters want to “upgrade”?