- Added 50Hz recording system (PAL): 1920×1080 50p, 50i, 25p and 1280×720 50p.
- Camera Profile (camera settings can be saved to and loaded from a memory card).
- Additional 4x and 8x Expanded Focus magnification: (with user selectable focus area).
- Selectable ISO or GAIN sensitivity display.
- Selectable Focus indication in FEET or METERS (E-mount lens only).
- Selectable Shutter indication as EXPOSURE TIME or SHUTTER ANGLE.
- Added the following Aspect-Ratio markers: 2.35:1, 1.85:1 and 1.66:1.
- Display ON/OFF button enables Zebra and/or Histogram overlay onto video output.
- Compatible with the new A-Mount to E-Mount adaptor, model LA-EA2. One push Auto-IRIS and continuous 15-point, Phase-Detection Auto-Focus operation with most Alpha A-Mount lenses is available. Lens metadata is displayed onscreen and stored real-time to image file.
I can’t express how happy I am to see that the expanded focus will get a bump from the lowly 2x that it shipped with. Likewise, the camera profile loading from memory cards will be welcomed to those of us who hate customizing the profiles one variable at a time. Loads of other worthwhile upgrades makes this one seem like Sony has been reading users’ wishlists.
The firmware update should hit on March 22. I’ll be sure to update as soon as I see it available.