[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXtXBn2n3gI w=640&h=360]
The new versions of these modular systems feature a number of improvements, several of which are highlighted in the overview video above with Think Tank Photo Co-Founder Deanne Fitzmaurice.
An excerpt of the press release notes the following improvements to the system:
The new Modular Component Set V2.0 includes the Lens Changer 50 V2.0, LC 75 Pop Down V2.0, Strobe Stuff, Speed Changer V2.0. All can be transported in the breathable Large Travel Pouch. All of the elements can be carried as a set or as individual items on Think Tank Photo’s Pro Speed Belt V2.0, Steroid Speed Belt V2.0, or Skin Belt V2.0. The new Keep It Up™ Shoulder Strap provides vertical support to any Think Tank Photo belt and includes a memory card holder.
The Lens Cases’ new features are:
- Wide mouth opening allows for smoother lens retrieval and replacement.
- One-hand drawstring closure with the auto-locking mechanism: only one hand is needed to
securely close the pouch.
- Zippered bottom pocket includes seam-sealed rain cover.
- Top handle allows for easy gathering of multiple pouches.
- Smooth back reduces wear on clothing and helps components slide easily around the belt.
- Padding under lens cover protects lenses from bumps and bruises.
- Improved front pocket material for increased durability and elasticity.
The Lens Cases consist of the Lens Changer™ 15 V2.0 (accommodates tele-converters and small primes with hood in shooting position), Lens Changer™ 25 V2.0 (small telephotos with hood in shooting position), Lens Changer™ 35 V2.0 (24-70 2.8 with hood in shooting position), Lens Changer™ 50 V2.0 (wide angle lens—16-35, 17-40—with hood in shooting position), LC 75 Pop Down™ V2.0 (70-200 with hood reversed or in position), and the Lens Drop™ (standard telephoto zoom lens).
The Gear Pouches include the same new features as the Lens Cases, as well as:
- Secure front pocket with increased hook and loop.
- Improved rip-stop nylon for increased durability and discrete styling.
The Gear Pouches consist of the Strobe Stuff™ (pro-size flash with some lens modifiers attached), Slim Changer™ (standard-size body, lens not attached), Speed Changer™ V2.0 (pro-sized body, lens not attached, and small telephotos and pro-size batteries), Stuff It !™ (accessory pouch for all your stuff: CF cards, batteries, filters or pocket wizards), Little Stuff It !™ (accommodates most point and shoot cameras, including Canon G12 & Nikon P7000), Hubba Hubba Hiney™ (70-200 2.8 lying down or two to three smaller telephotos; includes shoulder strap), and the R U Hot ?™ (for water bottle, hat, gloves).
Both the Lens Cases and Gear Pouches come with Think Tank Photo’s unique Rotate and Lock design feature so that components slide along the belt or fasten in a specific position on the belt.
This PhotoPlus 2011 coverage is sponsored by B&H Photo, which Photography Bay proudly recommends as the number one source for all your photographic needs. B&H Photo is located online at www.bhphotovideo.com and in New York City at its 70,000+ sq. ft. SuperStore.