Just as I was ready to dismiss the previous rumor of a 36MP-shooting Nikon D800, Nikon Rumors heard from its sources and confirmed this replacement for the still-hard-to-find Nikon D700 is (99%) real and will be unveiled in the next 30-60 days.
Here’s a longer look at the machine-translated spec list:
- What number of pixels is 3630 megapixels.
- 4 frames per second continuous shooting in body only, about 6 frames per second will be used to DX mode with the optional battery pack.
- A little late to be released by the model resolution sought to eliminate the low-pass filter.
- Full HD video in 1920 × 1080/30p.
- Headphone jacks, can be input from an external device such as a PCM sound recorder. Corresponding to USB3.0. Be available in new small wireless transmitter.
- 86K pixel split control, AF, exposure, white balance, etc. compatible. Face Recognition AF features.
- Larger LCD monitor, automatic brightness adjustment, the structure is not cloudy.
- Two media CF card and SD card slot.
- Shutter durability of 200,000 cycles.
- Market price is about 300,000 yen. The announcement on October 26, released on November 24.
Other factoids from Nikon Rumors’ sources suggest that the noise control won’t be in the same category as the D3s.
Drop your thoughts in the comments below.
And, if you want to pass along more info or tips, feel free to drop a line via the contact form and let me know.