The Olympus E-PM1, E-PL3 and E-P3 are expected to be launched later this week. So, it makes sense that we are seeing a teaser campaign from Olympus, which is (right now) just a short video of a cloth draped over a camera. The corner of the fabric lifts up, revealing a tiny portion of what has to be a new PEN camera, and then the video cuts off.
Of course, images the E-PM1 have already been leaked – and it is tiny. Additionally, Photo Rumors claims to have blurry-cam images of the E-P3, as well as the goods on the new E-P3 specifications, as follows:
- new, in-house developed 12MP sensor
- improved high ISO performance with a max ISO of 12800
- built-in flash
- 1080i 60i video recording
- a new, faster AF system
- touchscreen LCD display with over 600k dots
- new interface incl, buttons, menus, ports, additional pre-set filter
Derrick Story suggests that he’s had hands-on time with the new cameras under embargo and says you should “sit tight” if you are thinking of buying one soon. The new Olympus PEN cameras are “very good stuff.”
Expect more details on the E-PM1, E-PL3 and E-P3 later this week.