The road to the eventual release of the Sony A77 has been a long one – with Sony gradually revealing more info about the camera, including mockups and rough specifications. As we draw closer to an official launch of the A77 later this summer, more and more info is working its way through the rumor mill.
Below is the latest image to surface for the Sony A77 and the A65 SLT Alpha models.
Of course, the Sony A65 is the latest Sony product to be tipped for launch alongside the A77. Presumably, the A65 will replace the A55 as a more advanced consumer model, while the new Sony A35 remains in place as the true entry-level SLT/DSLR model. All the while, the A77 is situated to replace the over-the-hill A700.
Both cameras are rumored to include a 24MP CMOS sensor and still use the APS-C format, which results in a 1.5x crop factor. Additional specs for the A77 are listed below.
Sony A77 Rumored Specifications
- 24MP Exmor APS-C CMOS sensor
- Sony 16-50mm kit lens
- 1080p/30fps, 720p/60fps and 720p/30fps AVCHD video capture
- 11 AF cross points
- AF fine-tuning capabilities and improved focusing system
- 10 fps or faster
- 3 million-dot OLED viewfinder
- Magnesium alloy frame
- CF, SD and Memory Stick compatibility
- Battery rated to 1000 frames captured
- Retail of $1,000 USD (body only)