Sony A77 and A65 Details and Images Surface

The road to the eventual release of the Sony A77 has been a long one – with Sony gradually revealing more info about the camera, including mockups and rough specifications.  As we draw closer to an official launch of the A77 later this summer, more and more info is working its way through the rumor mill.

Below is the latest image to surface for the Sony A77 and the A65 SLT Alpha models.

Of course, the Sony A65 is the latest Sony product to be tipped for launch alongside the A77.  Presumably, the A65 will replace the A55 as a more advanced consumer model, while the new Sony A35 remains in place as the true entry-level SLT/DSLR model.  All the while, the A77 is situated to replace the over-the-hill A700.

Both cameras are rumored to include a 24MP CMOS sensor and still use the APS-C format, which results in a 1.5x crop factor.  Additional specs for the A77 are listed below.

Sony A77 Rumored Specifications

• 24MP Exmor APS-C CMOS sensor
  • Sony 16-50mm kit lens
  • 1080p/30fps, 720p/60fps and 720p/30fps AVCHD video capture
  • 11 AF cross points
  • AF fine-tuning capabilities and improved focusing system
  • 10 fps or faster
  • 3 million-dot OLED viewfinder
  • Magnesium alloy frame
  • CF, SD and Memory Stick compatibility
  • Battery rated to 1000 frames captured
  • Retail of $1,000 USD (body only)

[via SonyAlphaRumors]

Comments

Been waiting for so long. my A300 is 3yrs old and I have progressed and need more pixels and HDR etc. Now about the cash? Anyone got me any commissions?

2. Gregory says

The A77 at $1000 may make mme dust off all of my sony and Minolta Glass. I have kept everything since my move to Canon. I got tired of waiting for a new prosumer camera from Sony. This may be the one!

3. Rob den Braasem says

This is a price I can convince my girlfriend with.

Nice x-mas present. I hope it has a high ISO performance. a 24mp APS-C is not promissing in this respect.

4. Pecos Pete says

I would love this camera, and I know i will spend the kids inheritence to get it. :O) I still have my KM7D, A700 and A580. At 16 X 20 I still can’t tell which camera I shot them with.
    Don’t you think it boils down to knowing the jnuances of each camera. Why the continual knock now on the A700. Still one of my favorites. The main reason I use the 580 over the A700 is for B&W. It aint the arrow friends as we know, it’s the Indian. :O)

5. william watson says

was going to buy the a580 but think i’ll hang off a wee bit longer a77 looks good

6. NRF says

I’m really looking forward to the A77 coming out and for Sony to produce something that finally challenges the Canon / Nikon snobbery that exists out there. But please hurry up, I’m getting impatient…….lol.!!

7. Hubert Boudreau says

I am thinging of going over to Nikon D7000m camera and lens, but I will wait to see what all the hubbub is all about. I still the Nikon is a the better camera system!!