The makers of the ColorRight white balance tool are launching a new speedlight modifier, the FlashRight. This new modifier uses ColorRight’s “Dome Technology” to diffuse the light in a direction manner. Additionally, the makers are in the process of developing “slide-in” gels that are custom made for the FlashRight. These gels should be available later in 2011.
FlashRight’s key features are as follows:
- Big very diffused light from a small form using the ColorRight “Dome Technology”.
- Prevents flash from being “sprayed” on people behind you and near to the camera.
- Directional light in horizontal mode simply turning the entire dome – smooth silent action.
- Directional light in vertical mode mode simply turning the entire dome – smooth silent action.
- Only flash-top diffuser to have same light directional feature in BOTH horizontal (landscape) and vertical (portrait) modes.
- Wide very soft diffused light.
- Provides built in forward kicker reflector to give a catchlight for the eyes.
- Solid strong construction.
- Solid strong non-slip mount system with velcro belt – no “stickies” to go onto the flash.
The FlashRight will retail for $99.95 when it launches at the end of May 2011. Currently, the FlashRight is in a “pre-launch” phase with a limited production run and is available for $89.95 to Photography Bay readers through April 30 only. Here’s the link to the product purchase page.