The Fuji FinePix JX300 and JX350 are two new compact cameras featuring a 14MP and 16MP sensor, respectively. Both cameras pack a 5x optical zoom lens and 720p HD video capture.
The JX300 should be available in mid-February at an initial retail price of $129.95. Check availability on Amazon.com.
The JX350 should be available in April at an initial retail price of $159.95. Check availability on Amazon.com.
More details in the press release below.
Fuji FinePix JX300 and JX350 Press Release
Valhalla, N.Y., January 5, 2011 – FUJIFILM North America Corporation today announced two new FinePix JX-Series slim and stylish digital cameras that include the FinePix JX300 and JX350. These fashionable and highly-portable cameras offer consumers a slim, trend-setting design with powerful features. The digital cameras also boast high resolution sensors, powerful FUJINON 5x zoom lens and 720p HD movie capture capabilities.
The FinePix JX300 and JX350 are perfect for consumers who demand style and advanced functionality in their camera. These cameras give everyone the ability to take terrific pictures, even in low light, while offering a big 2.7” LCD screen, metal body and powerful li-ion rechargeable battery.
The FinePix JX300 has a 14-MegaPixel CCD and a FUJINON 5x wide angle (28mm-140mm)* optical zoom lens, while the FinePix JX350 has a 16-MegaPixel CCD and a FUJINON 5x wide angle (28mm-140mm)* optical zoom lens. The JX300 will be available in silver and the JX350 in black, both in brushed metal with hairline finish.
“These enhanced JX-Series cameras represent consumers’ strong demand for a camera that reflects their personal style and maintains the full feature set that they expect from an advanced Fujifilm camera,” said David Troy, director of marketing, Digital Cameras, Electronic Imaging Division, FUJIFILM North America Corporation. “We are very excited to combine our best technology, such as HD movie capture, with a thin chassis and a high-quality FUJINON 5x zoom.”
HD Movie Capabilities
The FinePix JX300 and JX350 both offer 720p HD movie capture. This enables you to take stunning, detailed pictures and videos that can be enjoyed in ultra-sharp high definition on any HD ready television or PC, using the optional HD Player (HDP-L1) accessory kit with wireless remote control (HDMI cable not included).
Smile / Blink Detection
Photos are all too often spoiled by people blinking or grimacing. Smile Detection works with Fujifilm’s highly-acclaimed Face Detection technology to detect smiles on faces – it will not take a picture until it detects a smile, so you’re guaranteed happy shots! Another feature is Blink Detection which warns you if you have captured an image with people blinking, so you can re-shoot if necessary.
Facebook and You Tube Easy Web Upload
The new JX-Series cameras offer an innovative function called ‘Easy Web Upload’ that allows you to sort through your photos on-camera and decide which ones to upload to Facebook or You Tube. Simply connect to a PC and launch the MyFinePix Studio software (for Windows) and they will immediately upload.
PhotoBook Assist helps you create stunning photo books in-camera and lets you turn the pages as if you were looking at an album. In addition, the new Image Search tool lets you search by date range and type of photo.
Other features include:
• i-Flash Intelligent Flash: Offers a flash control system which efficiently controls the level of flash for a given exposure to produce beautifully balanced flash illumination across the foreground and background. Gone are the ugly washout shots where the subject is blasted with light and the background dark and unexposed.
• Tracking Auto Focus (AF): Tracks fast moving subjects so they don’t escape from the frame in a blur. Subjects will be tracked automatically for as long as it is kept in the frame and the shutter is half-pressed; when users fully press the shutter button your subject will be in the centre of the photo in perfect focus.
• Motion Panorama Mode: Automatically stitches up to three shots to create a panoramic picture
• Scene Recognition Auto (SR AUTO): This mode intelligently identifies the scene type and necessary shooting conditions to optimize picture perfect potential.
• Face Detection and Automatic Red-eye Removal: To provide perfectly exposed and focused portrait shots, the cameras are fitted with Fujifilm’s latest Face Detection technology which is able to track up to 10 faces simultaneously. The system instantly corrects red-eye and then saves both the original and the corrected image file automatically.
• Digital Image Stabilization: Reduces image blur automatically, resulting in excellent picture quality.
The FinePix JX300 will be available in mid-February at the price of $129.95, and the JX350 will be available in April at $159.95.